This Web Site is created, updated and maintained by NLB. The memories and library materials located on this Web Site including the information and software programs (the Contents), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by NLB and the respective Singapore Government Agencies and contributors of memories whose names are attributed herein.
When using and re-using the memories and library materials located on this Web Site, the online Patrons of this digital library portal of the NLB, shall undertake to comply with the various formalities stated herein, complete the relevant forms and undertakings attached and fill in all the information details requested truthfully at the respective web page.
Prohibited Conduct (‘You’ hereinafter refers to the users of this NLB and SMP Web Site)
You agree not to post on the Web Site any content or any other materials whatsoever that is or could appear to be:
untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
infringing or alleged to be infringing upon a third party’s intellectual property rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party, including, without limitation, any Content that is the subject of any third party claim of infringement;
of a type that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as inside information and proprietary and confidential information;
- unsolicited, undisclosed or unauthorized advertising;
- software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- data or information obtained through access that was not authorized by the owner of the data or information, or with respect to which such posting would constitute unauthorized use; or
- in violation of any applicable law, regulation, or statute.
You acknowledge that the posting of content by you for any period of time is sufficient consideration for the license granted herein to the NLB and SMP.
You agree not to do, or attempt to do, any of the following, subject to applicable law:
- access or use the Web Site in any way that violates or is not in full compliance with any applicable law, regulation, or statute, contracts, intellectual property rights or constitutes the commission of a tort, or for any purpose that is harmful or unintended (by us), or other than in full compliance with these Terms;
- access, tamper with, or use services or areas of the Web Site that you are not authorized to access;
- alter memories, library materials or information on or obtained from the Web Site;
- tamper with memories, postings, registration information, profiles, submissions or memories of other users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the SMP Portal or extract data or gather or use information, such as email addresses, available from the SMP Portal or transmit any unsolicited advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” or “chain letters”;
- frame any part of the SMP Portal, or link to the SMP Portal, or otherwise make it look like you have a relationship to NLB or that NLB have endorsed you or your memories for any purpose except as expressly permitted herein. The SMP Portal and NLB accepts memories and not opinions on any memories and library materials contained in this SMP Portal. The NLB shall reserve all legal rights to delete and take down any comments, views, opinions, statements, written notes that are deemed by the NLB to be offensive against any person, individuals, organisations, groups, associations, entities, third parties whoever from this SMP Portal without any written explanations whatsoever to be provided by the NLB of the same;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- reverse engineer any aspect of the SMP Portal or do anything that might discover source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content or code of the SMP Portal (except as otherwise expressly permitted by law);
- send to or otherwise impact us or the SMP Portal (or anything or anyone else) with harmful, illegal, deceptive or disruptive code such as a virus, “spyware,” “adware” or other code that could adversely impact the SMP Portal or any recipient; or
- take any action which might impose a significant burden (as determined by us) on the SMP Portal’s infrastructure or computer systems, or otherwise interfere with the ordinary operation of the Site.
- MONITORING OF SITE CONTENT
The NLB and SMP are under no obligation to restrict or monitor the Web Site in any way. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE NLB AND SMP MANAGEMENT DOES NOT REGULARLY MONITOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF CONTENT. Notwithstanding the foregoing, NLB reserves the right to modify or remove any Web Site contents at any time. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including other users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of this SMP Portal. The NLB and this Web Site neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made on this Web Site by anyone other than authorized NLB and SMP team acting in their official capacities.
Restrictions on use of Materials
Except as otherwise provided, the memories and contents of this Web Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of NLB.
Modification of any of the memories or use of the Web Site contents for any other purpose will be a violation of NLB’s copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Web Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of NLB.
Right of Access
NLB reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this SMP Portal to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this SMP Portal, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from this Web Site to other web sites
This SMP Portal contains hyperlinks to web sites which are not maintained by NLB and SMP. NLB and SMP are not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk.
Hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as a convenience. In no circumstances shall NLB and SMP be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which this Web Site is linked.
Links to this Web Site from other web sites
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Web Site or any of the memories and contents are prohibited.
You must secure written permission from NLB prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Web Site or any of the contents, or engaging in similar activities. The NLB and SMP reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Web Site or any of the memories and contents contained herein.
In no circumstances shall NLB and SMP be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to this SMP Portal or any of the memories and contents.
NLB reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
NLB reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Web Site or any of the memories and contents.